131 West 35th street
New York, NY 10001
Modern. Beautiful. Glamorous. The Ball NY Dance Studios.
We accommodate a wide variety of events, including but not limited to: weddings, birthday parties, bridal and baby showers, meet-and-greet parties, corporate events, photo and video shoots, fashion shows, conferences, workshops, research groups, auditions, meetings/lectures, dance and/or fitness classes and private dance lessons.
All three studios boast State-Of-The-Art Sprung Dance floors by DURAdance TM.
The Flamenco Room features a uniquely sprung, dark walnut dance floor designed to endure both Flamenco and Tap Dancing.
All studios have oversized mirrors throughout all walls, computerized music machines, separate sound systems with powerful base in each ballroom, iPod/Smartphone connection, iPod/iPhone chargers, CD and DVD players in the Grand and Latin Ballrooms; soundproof walls and dimmer lights.
The Ball NY is air-conditioned, wheelchair accessible and offers free Wi-Fi. There are two passenger and two freight elevators.
1. The Grand Ballroom (1600 square feet) and its adjacent Café La Magdalena is perfect for private and group Latin, Smooth and Standard Ballroom Dance Instruction, as well as for oversized workshops, dance parties, socials, special events, birthday parties, wedding receptions, baby showers, meet-and-greet Parties, as well as seminars, conferences and fashion shows. A ten-foot sliding door opens between The Grand ballroom and the Latin Ballroom, creating an oversized space suitable for large parties.
2. The Latin Ballroom (1300 square feet) was created to accommodate large group classes and workshops. It is also ideally suited for Latin, Rhythm and Argentine Tango dancing.
3. The Flamenco Ballroom (333 square feet) with its dramatic red curtains and dark walnut hardwood floor is best suited to private instruction and small to mid-sized group classes, as well as specialty dances such as Flamenco and Tap Dancing.
4. Our beautifully designed, spacious Locker rooms are fully equipped with bathrooms, showers, rental lockers, chairs, make-up station for the Ladies, large mirrors and abundant light.
5. Café La Magdalena offers an intimate space perfect for relaxation and socializing, where one can chat with a ballroom star while sipping a refreshing cup of coffee.
6. Boutique Staykova
Located inside the Grand Ballroom, Boutique Staykova is a one-stop shop for anyone and everyone’s dance needs. We offer dance shoes, practice dancewear, fabulous, custom made Ballroom and Latin gowns, menswear, accessories and tanning products.The Designer – Kristina Staykova offers one-on-one design services, working closely with each client to create their dream gown. All ball gowns and dresses are uniquely designed and made on premises, employing top professionals in the patternmaking and sewing industries.Kristina works with Genuine Preciosa Czech Crystal and Swarowski Elements.Her drawings and sketches are available for purchase here.Boutique Staykova also offers a consignment service for pre-owned gowns, as well as a limited selection of gowns available for rental.
Price varies according to occupancy, type of event and duration.
To inquire, please call 212.868.0818.