How to Write a Valentine
Learn how to write the perfect valentine! Valentine’s Day is the ultimate holiday for showing your love and affection, but expressing your true feelings can be daunting. Below are a few tips and valentines examples to help you write something beautiful that your loved one will cherish. Choose a beautiful free eCard for Valentine’s Day and deliver your greeting in style!
Find the Shakespeare within with these tips for writing a Valentine’s card:
Valentines Greeting: Begin your valentine wording with a flourish! Address your card to your loved one and pay him or her a compliment. Incorporate one of these classic valentine words to describe your significant other as you write your greeting—lovely, gorgeous, beautiful, handsome, wonderful, perfect, charming, considerate, precious, joyous. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- To my wonderful husband
- For my beautiful wife
- To the best boyfriend in the world
- For the love of my life
- To my soul-mate
Valentines Message: The body of your Valentines greeting should, quite simply, describe your love for someone. Whether you prefer cute valentine sayings like “Be Mine!” or “Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so are you!” or something more sophisticated, just make sure you speak from the heart.
- I am thankful for every moment that I spend with you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I only hope that I can make you as happy as you’ve made me. Happy Valentine’s Day, my love.
- You are the kindest, most thoughtful person that I have ever known. I love everything about you and I am so happy that you’re in my life. Thank you for being you. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Happy Valentine’s Day! I want you to know how much I love you, and how much you’ve changed my life for the better. You bring me joy and laughter and more happiness than I ever could have hoped for.
Valentines Quotes: If you’re struggling for the right words, incorporate a famous quote and use that as your jumping off point. Remember that you don’t need to write an entire sonnet to express how you feel in your valentine greetings messages. Sometimes just two or three heartfelt sentences are enough. Here are a few examples of famous quotes that work well in a Valentine’s Day greeting.
- “You are the butter to my bread, the breath to my life.” (Julie & Julia)
- “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...” (Elizabeth Barrett Browning)
- “All you need is love.” (John Lennon)
- “My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite.” (William Shakespeare)
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” (Emily Brontë)
Valentines Closing: Valentines greetings are never complete without a beautiful closing. Choose one of these classic valentine sayings to conclude your valentine. Don’t forget to sign your name below!
- Yours always and forever
- All my love
- Hugs and kisses
- Your loving husband/wife
Once you’ve incorporated these elements into your Valentines sayings, your work is done. If you send your greeting with a free eCard from Punchbowl, you can schedule your card to arrive at the date and time of your choosing. Happy writing!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now