Cinco de Mayo Decorations
No party is complete without decorations and a Cinco de Mayo party is no exception! Cinco de Mayo party decorations set the tone for the party and can get your guests in the mood for a fun-filled fiesta! Here are some Cinco de Mayo decorating ideas to create an authentic Mexican party.
- Use bright colors. Decorate using lots of bright colors like fuscia, lime green, turquoise, and yellow. Incorporate these colors into your balloons, table settings, and other decorations.
- Hang a piñata. It will bring your back childhood memories. Piñatas come in various shapes, include a chile or a donkey.
- Accent with favors. Sombreros and maracas make wonderful party favors for guests to take home with them. However, you can use them as Cinco de Mayo party decoration before guests get their hands on them. Leave some extra sombreros on the tables and hang them up around the party space. Display the maracas in a vase like colorful flowers. Because of the awkward size, you may need to experiment with different vases.
- Light up your space. Hang colorful fiesta lights on the ceiling and around the buffet line to light up the food and the dance space. Colorful fiesta lights are especially pretty in outdoor party spaces strung from the trees or balconies.
- Decorate the bar. Set up a margarita bar and make it festive with Cinco de Mayo decorations. Include festive glasses, mixers, and all the fixings like salt, sugar, and limes. Decorate the bar with brightly colored straws, colorful placemats, and bright napkins.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now