Host an Emmy Party to Kickoff the New TV Season
Every year, the Emmys take place to honor excellence in the television world. Established in 1949, the awards ceremony is on par with the Oscars, Grammys and even the Peabody Award. Over the years, it has become a pop culture reason to celebrate, with fans watching the entire national broadcast in their own homes and throwing an Emmy party in honor of the show. Nominations take place during the summer and the show usually airs sometime in early fall. Most Emmy party ideas revolve around the action on the red carpet and predicting who will win in each category. Punchbowl has a variety of free Emmy party invitations to send, including these:
Some Emmy watch party ideas include:
- Throw a cocktail party in honor of the Emmys. Ask guests to dress up in their favorite cocktail attire and serve Hollywood-inspired drinks. Pass around plated appetizers and play a variety of television theme songs in the background.
- Make it a girl's night in! Ask the ladies to wear their pajamas, order take out and sip wine while all the celebrities walk the red carpet.
- Style the party around a favorite or super popular television show that's currently on. Ask guests to dress in character and serve show-inspired food.
Emmy party activities:
- Pass out ballots and have all guests fill them out before the awards begin.
- Play television trivia or Jeopardy.
- Stage a wine tasting or cocktail tasting station.
For Emmy night food, check out these Emmy night recipes:
- 1 tomato
- 2 avocados
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 onion, shaved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 oz. mild green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
Place tomato in a cup of boiling water for one minute. Remove from water, rinse in cold water and peel and dice. Cut avocados in half and remove the pits and peel. Chop and mash in bowl. Add lemon juice, tomato, onion, garlic, chilies and salt. Stir and serve.
Bacon and Olive Finger Sandwiches
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 slices of white bread, crusts removed
Combine all the ingredients and spread on bread. Cut each sandwich into four sections and serve.
Fresh Fruit Cups with Honey Yogurt
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cut in half
Combine the yogurt, honey and vanilla in a bowl and set aside. Combine the juice and banana in a separate bowl. Add berries and gently mix all the fruit together. Put a scoopful of fruit into serving bowls and top with yogurt.
If the weather is wonderful, spend half the time outside and head indoors later to watch the awards ceremony take place.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now