Father's Day Activities
Plan some fun Father’s Day activities to make sure he feel extra special this holiday. Father’s Day activities can be complex or simple, just make sure that they are all about Dad. It's also great to get the kids involved in planning - the more they help, the more excited they'll be. Show the Dads in your life just how much you care and start planning now!
- Breakfast in Bed: What dad doesn’t love to be pampered? Father’s Day is the perfect occasion to treat Dad to a tasty, homemade breakfast in his pajamas. Go all out and make fresh squeezed orange juice, his favorite tea or coffee and all the breakfast items he loves. Involve the kids and let them help cook, set up the tray and place setting and make a homemade card. It'll be such a hit that Dad will want to make this a Father’s Day tradition!
- Family Picnic: Dad would certainly welcome quality time with his family after a busy week. Make his day and plan an old-fashioned family picnic. The kids can help pack all of the essentials like sandwiches, chips, pasta salad, cookies, brownies and lemonade. Depending on where you live, pick a family-friendly spot at a local park, on a beach or even in your backyard. Spend the afternoon playing games, eating and relaxing. It's a simple and affordable way to make Father's Day memorable.
- Sports Event: Treat the entire family to an afternoon watching Dad's favorite team. If going to a sports arena isn't an option, find out if there are any local minor league teams with a game on Father's Day. Dad may want to stick close to home, so another option is to transform your house into a small-scale sporting arena. Watch a game from the comfort of the couch and serve popcorn, hot dogs and pizza with all of Dad's favorite toppings.
- Family Fishing Trip: Adventure-seeking Dads will be up for a family fishing trip and would love a day on the water. There won't be a shortage of laughs while everyone tries to catch the biggest fish! Dad will love getting his hands dirty and it's a chance for everyone to spend quality time together in the fresh air.
- BBQ Extravaganza: What better way to spoil dad than with some goodies on the grill? Invite over family and friends to celebrate the holiday and set up a grilling station with tools, a variety of meats, vegetables and corn-on-the-cob. Gift Dad with a basket full of grilling essentials like meat rubs, an apron, flavored salts, etc.
Father's Day is the perfect time to find an activity that the entire family can do together to create memories that last a lifetime. Make sure the camera's on hand, Dad's relaxed and let the festivities begin!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now