Back to School Party Decorations
For back to school party decorations, it's always nice to decorate your party space with items that would be found in a classroom or at your child's school. Always be sure to keep these decorations as festive as possible. After all, you want to make your “school house” fun! Use bright colors and eye-catching fonts when you make or buy your decorations.
Need a few suggestions for back to school decorations? Take a look at the ideas below:
- Announcement board: Make an announcement board just like a homeroom teacher would! Get a large board and decorate it with fun borders and push pins. At the top, create or buy letters that say “Welcome Back to School.” You can even write in the name of the school that your kids attend! Come up with “announcements” to attach to the board, such as a “lunch schedule” (the food menu) and a schedule of the day’s events.
- School supply posters: Make or purchase cut-outs of giant school supplies, such as rulers, pencils, etc. At office and party supply stores, you may be able to find large posters with cute designs such as an apple and a worm or different math symbols. Hang these big posters around your venue as space-fillers that will help keep the atmosphere bright and light.
- School colors: Decorate your party space with things that have your school’s mascot or logo on them! Hang jerseys, flags, etc. that show school spirit around the room. You should also purchase tablecloths, plates and napkins that match the school’s color scheme. This spirited space is sure to get your kids excited to get back to school.
- Teacher's chalkboard: Buy a large chalkboard or dry-erase board and hang it up in your party space. Make sure to leave out chalk and markers! Then, let the kids create fun designs and write notes to each other on the board. You can even organize a chalkboard game time and play games such as hangman.
- School supply station: This decoration idea doubles as a fun favor! Set up a table with colorful supplies like colored pencils, notebooks, pencil holders, and even apples. Let each guest take home a few items as a favor – it will also help them get excited to go back to school!
Try out any of these decoration ideas for your back to school party. There are plenty of ways you can turn your home into a festive, academic atmosphere. Get as creative as you’d like!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now