5 Tips for Sending Baby Shower Invitations
A baby shower is a fun and meaningful way to celebrate a new addition to the family. Sending out free online baby shower invitations is often one of the first steps you take when planning a shower. Here are some helpful tips for sending invitations for an upcoming baby shower:
Who To Invite to a Baby Shower
- Guest List: Organize your guest list with the parents-to-be in order to make sure that you don’t forget to send baby shower invitations to anyone important. Usually, they will want friends and family to attend and sometimes some co-workers as well. Gather the guests’ addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses depending on how you plan to send out the baby shower invites.
- Ladies Only or Mixed: Decide ahead of time if you want just women to attend the event or if you want to host a “Jack and Jill” baby shower. If you decide to invite both men and women, make sure the baby shower invitation wording makes it clear that everyone is invited.
When Should You Send Baby Shower Invitations?
- Timing: A baby shower is typically held around the 7th or 8th month, and most often about 6-8 weeks before the baby’s due date. Choose the date of the event with the mommy-to-be to make sure the date of the shower works for her and does not conflict with any of her doctor appointments. Also, be sure to send out the baby shower invites far enough in advance (4-6 weeks out) so that everyone can plan to attend.
Invitation Design and Wording
- Invitation Design: If you have a theme for the shower, like rubber duckies or monkeys, you can often find cute invitations that match the theme. You don't always need a theme for a baby shower, so if you don't have one, there are plenty of adorable baby shower invitations from which to choose. Storks, peas-in-a-pod, rattles, strollers, and moms-to-be are popular shower invitation designs.
- Wording: Select appropriate baby shower wording for the invitations. Inspirational quotes, rhyming words, and cute phrases are all perfect for baby shower invitations. You should also explicitly state on the invitations important things like whether or not the shower is a surprise, if guests should bring gifts, directions to the party, and specific RSVP deadline and instructions.
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now