Mother's Day Menu Ideas
Mother’s Day is a wonderful opportunity to get your family together to celebrate all the mothers in your family over a beautiful meal - especially if Mom doesn't have to do the cooking! Regardless of the type of meal that you are serving, there are many tasty Mother’s Day foods that would be perfect to serve on this special day! The following are some Mother’s Day menu ideas to help you figure out what to make for the occasion.
For a Mother’s Day Brunch:
- Fruit Salad: When you think of Mother’s Day food, brunch foods tend to come to mind. Fruit salad is a staple that goes well with everything from eggs to French toast to pancakes. You will need to cut a variety of fruits (bananas, strawberries, grapes, melon, etc.), and you'll also need one 29-ounce can peach slices (undrained), one 20-ounce can pineapple chunks (undrained), and one 3-ounce box dry vanilla instant pudding. In a large bowl, combine the pudding, peaches, and pineapple fruits and juices. Continue to mix until pudding is completely dissolved. Then, stir in the remaining fruit and chill until served.
- French Toast: French toast is a good Mother’s Day menu idea that the kids can help prepare on Mother's Day. You'll just need 4 eggs, 2/3 cup of milk, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, thick slices of bread (Challah or brioche are great options), butter, and syrup. The kids can help crack the eggs for the batter and stir in the milk and cinnamon. Once it's well blended, pour the mixture into a shallow bowl. The kids can then help to dip each slice of bread into the mixture. Then, melt butter or vegetable oil over a large skillet on medium/high. Fry on both sides until brown. Top with syrup and serve to make Mom's day!
- Cheese and Spices Scrambled Eggs: This delicious breakfast recipe is a great Mother’s Day food to serve at brunch. For ingredients you will need 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, a dozen egg whites, 2 egg yolks, 2 scallion (chopped), 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the eggs into a bowl and beat until smooth. Add in the oregano, salt, pepper, and scallion. Spray a cooking pan with nonstick spray. Pour in the eggs into the pan and cook over medium heat. Once the eggs begin to solidify, sprinkle on the cheese and serve.
For a Mother’s Day Dinner:
- Avocado Salad: This refreshing salad is perfect to serve at a Mother’s Day dinner. The ingredients that you will need are 10 tomatoes (quartered), 4 avocados (peeled, halved, and pitted), 2 lemons, 1 red onion (sliced), 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, ½ cup pine nuts, salad mix, Parmesan cheese, and Italian dressing. To make this salad, first lightly toast the pine nuts in the oven at 350 degrees until they are light brown in color. Next, place avocados in a bowl and add two tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper, and the juice of one of the lemons. Let them soak for a few minutes, then place each half down on a grill for about 30 seconds. Place tomatoes in large salad bowl and then add the avocados. Pour in the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, and other ingredients. Add Parmesan cheese and Italian dressing to taste.
- Garlic Roasted Potatoes: For this delicious Mother's Day recipe, you will need 2 ½ pounds small potatoes, ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, 1 small onion (chopped), 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, 3 cloves of garlic (peeled and chopped), salt and pepper to taste. Place the chopped potatoes and onions in a large bowl. Add in the olive oil, thyme, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Toss the potatoes well to coat them completely in the oil and spices. Spread potatoes and onions out onto a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees. You should also try to flip the potatoes over every 15 minutes while they are cooking.
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now