Graduation Announcement & Invitation Wording
Graduation is a time of many emotions. It's the culmination of years of accomplishment and hard work and a time of important new beginnings. Whether you're sending graduation announcements or hosting a party, it can be helpful to have some suggestions for graduation invitation wording. Here we've collected several examples to help you get your messages and invitations prepared and sent!
Graduation Announcement Wording
Let's start with some basic guidelines for high school or college graduation announcement wording:
- Your announcement should include relevant details like the date of graduation, the name of the high school or college, and the program that the graduate has completed.
- Add any special news like future plans, awards, honors, distinctions, etc.
- If you'll be throwing a graduation party, note that a formal invitation will be sent shortly.
Here are some examples:
- Congratulations, [Name]! [School], Class of [Year].
- We're so proud to announce the graduation of our son/daughter, [Name], who graduates [Date] with an Honors Degree/Diploma in [Program]! She/he has accepted the position of [Title] with [Organization] effective [Date].
- Here's to new journeys and adventures.
- Watch for party invitations, coming soon!
High School Graduate
- Congrats, [Name] - [High School], Class of [Year]
- We're extremely proud to announce that [Name] will be attending [College] in the [Program] this fall!
Graduation Invitation Wording
Here are some helpful suggestions for graduation party invitation wording:
Formal College Graduation Invitation Wording
- We request your presence at an open house to celebrate the college graduation of [Name]. The party will be held on [Date] at [Location].
- Please join us as we celebrate [Name]’s graduation. The graduation will be taking place at [School] at [Time] followed by a reception at [Location].
- You are cordially invited to the graduation party in honor of [Name]. Please join us [Date] at [Location].
- Mr. and Mrs. [Last Name] invite you to celebrate the graduation of their [Son/Daughter] from [School]. The graduation will take place at [Location] on [Date] followed by a party at [Location].
Cute College Graduation Invitation Wording Ideas
- Graduation is here! You’re invited for an afternoon of cheer! Join us to celebrate [Name]’s graduation at [Location].
- “A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car, but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.” – Theodore Roosevelt. Please join us to celebrate the graduation of [Name] from [School]!
- She studied the books and passed the test. Now it’s time to celebrate [Name]’s graduation for doing her best! Please join us on [Date] for a graduation party at [Location].
- School's out, it’s a wrap. Now let’s celebrate [Name] get his/her graduation cap! The ceremony will take place on [Date] at [Location].
Sentimental College Graduation Invitation Wording Suggestions
- Wisdom, knowledge, and courage are learned from experience. Please share our joy as our [Son/Daughter] graduates from [School].
- Graduation is not an end, but a beginning. Join us to celebrate the graduation of [Name] from [School]. The graduation party will be held at [Location] on [Date] at [Time].
College Trunk Party Wording Suggestions
- [Name] is heading off to [School] - Let's send him/her off prepared for his/her new home away from home! Join us for a Fill the Trunk Party at [Location] on [Date] at [Time].
Punchbowl always has a diverse offering of online invitations and free eCards, no matter what the occasion. Browse through our gallery and find the one that's just right for your announcement or event.
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now