Need some ideas for how to decorate your home for the Easter holiday? Between Easter bunnies and Easter eggs, there are many ways that you can be creative with your Easter décor. Easter decorations for the home usually incorporate pastel colors of pink, green, blue, and yellow. For a modern look, use brighter versions of those same colors.
Here are some great tips and ideas to help get you started:
- Easter Décor: Include handcrafted Easter Bunnies, decorated eggs, and baby chicks in your Easter party decorations. You can buy these items and other Easter decorations at a local craft shop, party supply store, or online. If you are feeling creative, you could also try your hand at making some of your own Easter decorations. Another great idea is to do some Easter crafts with your children which you can then put on display as decorations for your Easter brunch or dinner party!
- Easter Baskets: Easter baskets can serve as great decorative pieces for your Easter holiday. A great idea for a spring Easter basket is to decorate it with silk fabric and beautiful flowers. To do this, cut silk fabric in a circle with a diameter about three times that of the woven basket. Line the inside of the basket with the fabric, hot gluing it along the edges of the basket. Remove the stems from the artificial flowers, then glue the flower buds to the entire surface of the basket. Once everything has dried, fill the basket with candy or Easter eggs for decoration.
- Table Settings: If you are planning to have an Easter brunch or dinner, there are many Easter table decorations that you can incorporate into your table setting. First, set your table with a tablecloth, table runner, and place mats. Try to use solid colors wherever possible to keep your table from looking too busy. Delight your guests with beautiful dinnerware in Easter colors like green, yellow, and pink. Use festive napkin rings to reflect the season as well. Another Easter table decorating tip is to avoid using scented candles in your table settings because it will interfere with the food aromas.
- Flowers: With spring in full bloom, there is no reason not to incorporate flowers into your Easter decorations. Add a few vases of flowers to give your room a beautiful spring look. Easter flowers like daffodils, tulips, lilies, and irises will bring vibrant colors to your table setting. Another decorating idea is to fill the vase with jellybeans instead of water. This should be done just prior to the party though so the flowers do not wilt.
- Centerpiece: A great Easter table centerpiece idea is to paint a small tree branch white, then stick it to a foam craft ball to secure it. Place the foam ball into a festive Easter pail. Then, hang miniature glass Easter egg ornaments from the tree branches. Another Easter centerpiece idea is to get a large clear vase and fill it with your beautiful decorated Easter eggs.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now